A time off request
- id (int) - A unique identifier
- role_id (int) - the ID of the role that the user belongs to
- user_id (int) - the ID of the user
- role_to_user_id (int) - Maps the relationship between a user and a role - don't worry about this
- start (Iso8601 datetime) - Determines when the time off request starts, in UTC
- stop (Iso8601 datetime) - Determines when the time off request ends, in UTC
- state (string) - The current state of the time off request. See below for details on each state.
- minutes_paid (int) - The amount minutes that will be paid for this time off request.
- null - When a worker has requested time off, it starts in the null state. Time off requests in the null state require action from a manager.
- approved_paid - Time off has been approved and a worker will be paid an amount designated by the minutes_paid field, which must be greater than 0.
- approved_unpaid - Time off has been approved, but a worker will not be paid for it. minutes_paid must be 0.
- sick - This is a special type of time off that is independent of minutes_paid because rules will differ between different organizations.
- All time off requests span for exactly one calendar day and start at midnight in the location's timezone.
- A user can only have one time off request record for a calendar day
- The start and end times are stored in UTC in the Staffjoy database, and all queries to search the database need datetime values to be in UTC as well.
minutes_paidmust be greater than 0 if the
approved_paid; it must be 0 if the